It took me several hours to fix the issue because the local component store was corrupted and the computers are accessing a local WSUS server instead of the public update server by Microsoft (and because I use Dism very rarely). For reference and to help other people with the same issue, I will write down a problem description and provide a solution.

Since upgrading to Windows 10 Pro Version 1511 (Build 10586) I have a problem with a corrupted filed opencl.dll in several locations.

I tried sfc.exe /scannow, but it failed to fix the issue. The error messages are, among others:

2015-12-08 08:50:43, Info                  CSI    00003c3a Hashes for file member SystemRootWinSxSwow64_microsoft-windows-r..xwddmdriver-wow64-c_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.10586.0_none_3dae054b56911c22opencl.dll do not match actual file [l:10]"opencl.dll" :
  Found: {l:32 g2VAunZ6/2J1G3oL7kf9fjInPUA9VYeiJcl9VKgizaY=} Expected: {l:32 9rnAnuwzPjMQA7sW63oNAVhckspIngsqJXKYSUeQ5Do=}
2015-12-08 08:50:43, Info                  CSI    00003c3b [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:10]"opencl.dll" of microsoft-windows-RemoteFX-clientVM-RemoteFXWDDMDriver-WOW64-C, version 10.0.10586.0, arch Host= amd64 Guest= x86, nonSxS, pkt {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35} in the store, hash mismatch
2015-12-08 08:50:43, Info                  CSI    00003c3c [SR] This component was referenced by [l:125]"Microsoft-Windows-RemoteFX-VM-Setup-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.10586.0.RemoteFX clientVM and UMTS files and regkeys"
2015-12-08 08:50:43, Info                  CSI    00003c3d Hashes for file member ??C:WINDOWSSysWOW64opencl.dll do not match actual file [l:10]"opencl.dll" :
  Found: {l:32 g2VAunZ6/2J1G3oL7kf9fjInPUA9VYeiJcl9VKgizaY=} Expected: {l:32 9rnAnuwzPjMQA7sW63oNAVhckspIngsqJXKYSUeQ5Do=}
2015-12-08 08:50:43, Info                  CSI    00003c3e Hashes for file member SystemRootWinSxSwow64_microsoft-windows-r..xwddmdriver-wow64-c_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.10586.0_none_3dae054b56911c22opencl.dll do not match actual file [l:10]"opencl.dll" :
  Found: {l:32 g2VAunZ6/2J1G3oL7kf9fjInPUA9VYeiJcl9VKgizaY=} Expected: {l:32 9rnAnuwzPjMQA7sW63oNAVhckspIngsqJXKYSUeQ5Do=}
2015-12-08 08:50:43, Info                  CSI    00003c3f [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [l:23 ml:24]"??C:WINDOWSSysWOW64"[l:10]"opencl.dll"; source file in store is also corrupted

Okay, so the issue is clear now. Unfortunately, SFC is unable to resolve the corruption because the local component store also got corrupted. Unfortunately, I lost the error messages indicating the component store corruptions.

So I tried Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth to no avail. It fails with error 0x800f081f, indicating another problem with the source files.

2015-12-08 08:57:35, Info                  CBS    Exec: Download qualification evaluation, business scenario: Manual Corruption Repair
2015-12-08 08:57:35, Info                  CBS    Exec: Clients specified using Windows Update.
2015-12-08 08:57:35, Info                  CBS    WU: Update service is not default AU service, skip. URL: https://fe2.update.microsoft.com/v6/, Name: Microsoft Update
2015-12-08 08:57:35, Info                  CBS    WU: Update service is not default AU service, skip. URL: https://fe2.ws.microsoft.com/v6/, Name: Windows Store
2015-12-08 08:57:35, Info                  CBS    WU: Update service is not default AU service, skip. URL: https://fe3.delivery.mp.microsoft.com/, Name: Windows Store (DCat Prod)
2015-12-08 08:57:35, Info                  CBS    WU: WSUS service is the default, URL: (null), Name: Windows Server Update Service
2015-12-08 08:57:35, Info                  CBS    DWLD:Search is done, set download progress to 20 percent.
2015-12-08 08:57:35, Info                  CBS    Nothing to download, unexpected
2015-12-08 08:57:35, Info                  CBS    Failed to collect payload and there is nothing to repair. [HRESULT = 0x800f081f - CBS_E_SOURCE_MISSING]
2015-12-08 08:57:35, Info                  CBS    Failed to repair store. [HRESULT = 0x800f081f - CBS_E_SOURCE_MISSING]

Looking at the error messages, it becomes clear that Windows is set to use our local WSUS server and therefore Dism is unable to retrieve the valid file from the repositories. While I am sure that I could somehow configure WSUS to provide the necessary files, I don’t know how and I need a quick fix. (If someone knows how to configure WSUS accordingly, please provide information).

Limiting access to the local storage by adding the paramter /LimitAccess would be useless as the local component store is also corrupted, as mentioned earlier.

I experienced this issue on two machines. A refresh of Windows 10 did not fix the issue.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *